What It Is
Steel Slim™ is a female-oriented weight loss solution formulated with efficacious doses of high quality, research-validated ingredients that help reduce calorie absorption, storage, and accumulation as fat.*
What It Does
Steel Slim™ contains all-natural compounds that are known to boost metabolism, elevate mood, enhance energy, increase thermogenesis, reduce body fat, suppress appetite, and curb cravings.*
By synergistically combining CactOLean™ and Dandelion Leaf Extract, Steel Slim™ acts as a diuretic to help eliminate fluids and toxins.* Furthermore, powerful antioxidants scavenge free radicals to help reduce inflammation and negative symptoms that come with it.*
Proven Active Ingredients
Selenium (as Selenium Yeast) (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae): Trace mineral which serves as a constituent of proteins involved in DNA synthesis, reproduction, cognitive function, thyroid hormone metabolism, protection from oxidative damage, and immune function.*
Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate): Trace mineral involved in carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolism and well-known to enhance the action of insulin in the body.*
L-Tyrosine: A non-essential amino acid that plays an important role in the production of neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine. In addition, because L-Tyrosine is necessary for the synthesis of thyroid hormone and epinephrine (adrenaline), L-Tyrosine supports healthy glandular function and stress response.*
Dragon Fruit Extract (Hylocereus Undatus) (CatcOLean™): CactOLean™ is an all-natural, standardized fruit extract derived from Dragon Fruit included for its antioxidant and appetite-regulating properties.*
Dandelion Lead Extract (Taraxacum Officinale): An extremely effective diuretic that does not cause the side effects of mineral depletion. It contains powerful diuretic compounds called taraxasterols that support the secretion of excess water as well as bitter compounds that enhance the efficiency of the body’s eliminative and detoxifying functions.*
Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis) (80% Catechins & 50% EGCG): Green Tea contains a combination of vitamins, minerals, and caffeine. Most of Green Tea’s health benefits can be attributed to active ingredients known as polyphenols and catechins – plant compounds with strong antioxidant activity. The most potent of these polyphenols is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)—the compound most responsible for green tea’s reputation as a fat burner. Green Tea has been shown to improve metabolic rate and increase the body’s heat production and fat oxidation.*
Organic Atlantic Kelp (Ascophyllum Nodosum) (Whole Plant): Iodine is an essential trace mineral that plays a crucial role in proper thyroid function, and subsequently metabolism. Steel Slim ™ includes 150 mcg of iodine derived from a type of seaweed called kelp to support proper thyroid function and cognition, aiding metabolism and energy production for enhanced fat loss.*
Theacrine (as TeaCrine®): Developed by Compound Solutions, TeaCrine® is a chemical cousin of caffeine derived from Kucha. TeaCrine® provides smooth, long-lasting energy that pairs well with the immediate energy burst of caffeine to form an energy high that lasts for hours on end. One other huge benefit to TeaCrine® is that it does NOT come with the tolerance build up that caffeine does, meaning that you get the same boost in energy, mood, and focus without having to increase the amount you consume continually.*
Grain of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta): A spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen.*
Resveratrol (Polygonum Cuspidatum): Resveratrol is part of a group of compounds called polyphenols. Resveratrol is regarded as having powerful antioxidant effects, supporting health at the cellular level and protecting against symptoms associated with aging and free radical damage.*
Ginger Root Extract (Zingiber Officinale Roscoe): Ginger is a root herb from the tropical plant Zingiber Officinale. Known for its sharp scent, it has long been an important culinary spice in Asian cuisine and herbal medicine. Ginger seems to influence body weight and composition by boosting the body’s thermogenesis and energy expenditure, increasing the breakdown of fat in adipose tissue, and reducing the absorption of dietary fat in the intestine.*
Saffron (stigma) (Crocus Sativus L.) (affron®): affron® is the first saffron extract standardized by HPLC to Lepticrosalides®, bioactive compounds that promote relaxation, mental and physical balance, and support a positive mood.* affron® has also been shown to enhance satiety, reduce appetite, and promote weight loss.*
Dihydrocapsiate (from Sweet Peppers) (CapsiAtra®): A compound found in CH-19 Sweet Peppers that activates the sympathetic nervous system via receptors in the GI Tract to Increase Resting Energy Expenditure (REE) and Increase Fat Oxidation (Lipolysis).*
As a dietary supplement, take one serving (3 capsules) in the morning with food. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. Although Steel Slim™ provides jitter-free energy with no crash, it is not recommended to take Steel Slim™ within 4 hours of bedtime.*
Regular exercise and proper nutrition are essential for achieving your weight loss goals. As individuals vary, so may results from using this product.
Why Steel Slim?
Dieting has become synonymous with feelings of stress, deprivation, poor mood, and low energy.
To combat the struggles of dieting, dieters routinely embrace caffeine and other stimulants to provide a temporary boost in energy and a temporary reduction in appetite.
This is nothing more than putting a band-aid gaping wound.
For true weight loss support, dieters need something that not only boosts energy and mood, but something that supports fat burning, energy expenditure, and appetite suppression.
That “something” is Steel Slim™.
What is Steel Slim™?
Steel Slim™ is a female-oriented thermogenic weight loss support solution formulated using research-backed ingredients to enhance calorie burning, reduce appetite, boost mood, and decrease body fat.*
With the inclusion of CactOLean™ and dandelion leaf extract, Steel Slim™ also helps flush excess water from the body, eliminating toxins and fluids.*
Why is Steel Slim™ Better?
Steel Slim™ deviates from the “standard operating procedures” utilized by most fat burners — cramming users full of hundreds and hundreds of milligrams of stimulants to simulate the effects of it “working.”*
We included no caffeine at all. Instead, we incorporated the caffeine-relative TeaCrine® to provide smooth, sustained energy that lasts for hours all while avoiding the jitters and crash associated with high doses of caffeine.*
But, Steel Slim™ is so much more than a long-lasting energy booster.*
Steel Slim also includes several research-verified ingredients including green tea extract, resveratrol, ginger root, and affron® to help reduce appetite, increase satiety, enhance fat burning, and heighten mood.*
We’ve even included iodine from Organic Kelp to support thyroid function and metabolism!*
What’s in Steel Slim™?
Tyrosine is an amino acid naturally synthesized in the body from another amino acid called phenylalanine. It is used to create the neurotransmitters/catecholamines dopamine, epinephrine (adrenaline), and norepinephrine (noradrenaline).* 
Due to Tyrosine’s role in the creation of these highly important neurotransmitters, it comes as no surprise that the amino acid is commonly used to boost mood elevator and alleviate feelings of stress.* 
Tyrosine also serves a vital role in supporting thyroid function as it is used in the production of thyroxine (a thyroid hormone).* 
CactOLean™ is an all-natural, standardized fruit extract derived from Dragon Fruit included for its antioxidant and appetite-regulating properties.*
Dragon fruit (a.k.a. “pity cactus” or “sweet desert fruit”) is a tropical plant native to the forest regions of Mexico and South America, and it has long been used for its thermogenic, anti-diabetic, diuretic and cicatrizing (reducing scar formation) properties.* 
Due to the mild diuretic actions of dragon fruit, it may support the elimination of fluids and toxins.*
Additionally, the makers of CactOLean™ also note that it may help stimulate glucagon, due to the presence of tyramine — a naturally occurring trace amine derived from tyrosine that helps breakdown fat reserves.* [4,5]
Together, these actions help support glucose moderation and appetite suppression.*
CactOLean™ also contains several types of antioxidants, which may help protect cells from free radicals that can cause oxidative stress.*
Dandelion Leaf Extract
Dandelion (taraxacum officinale) is a common flower that is easily recognized by its brilliant yellow petals. It has traditionally been used to treat a wide spectrum of ailments due to its diuretic, anti-angiogenic, anti-rheumatic, and anti-inflammatory properties.*
Dandelion is commonly used to support kidney health due to its innate diuretic and anti-urolithiatic activity.* [6,7]
Dandelion is rich in a phytochemical called taraxasterol, which has been noted to accelerate water secretion from the body, supporting detoxification and purification.*
Research indicates that dandelion increases the activity of the kidneys as well as the frequency of urination.* [8,9]
Unlike other common diuretics, dandelion doesn’t just assist in the removal of excess water, but it also supports hydration due to its high potassium content.  Potassium is a vital mineral lost in vast quantities when using traditional diuretic options.*
Finally, dandelion may also help support healthy blood sugar levels due to its anti-hyperglycemic properties.* 
Green Tea Extract
Green tea is widely regarded as one of the healthiest beverages on the planet, due to its rich content of antioxidants, polyphenols, and catechins (such as EGCG). Steel Slim includes green tea extract standardized to 80% catechins and 20% EGCG.*
While green tea is routinely used for its cardiovascular benefits, it also has been indicated to assist with weight loss.*
Various studies note that green tea extract, and its principle catechin EGCG, can increase fat oxidation (i.e., fat burning) and energy expenditure during periods of rest as well as during exercise.* [10,11]
Green tea has also been noted to enhance athletic performance.* 
In other words, green tea can help increase calorie burning at rest or cranking away at the gym.
Lastly, green tea extract may also help reduce body fat and waist circumference, by decreasing caloric intake during meals and reducing the number of carbohydrates absorbed from a meal.* 
Organic Kelp Extract
The thyroid gland plays an essential role in maintaining a healthy metabolism.*
It does this via the actions of thyroid hormones triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4), which are created by pulling iodine from the blood and incorporating it into thyroid hormone.* 
Researchers have identified iodine as the rate-limiting compound for the synthesis of thyroid hormones, which means that iodine deficiency can impair thyroid hormone production and metabolism.*
Despite the importance of iodine, an estimated 30% of the world’s population remains at risk for iodine deficiency due to a lack of iodine in the diet. To help remedy this deficiency, food manufacturers started adding it to salt, creating iodized salt. *
Steel slim includes 150mcg of iodine derived from organic Atlantic kelp to support thyroid function, aiding metabolism and energy production for increased weight loss.*
Fat burners and diet pills are notorious for making individuals feel jittery, anxious, and on-edge.*
By and large, this is due to large doses of harsh stimulants, which temporarily suppress appetite, but ultimately leave the user feeling “bottomed out,” where they feel so completely drained mentally and physically they have little motivation to do anything (like going to the gym).*
Steel Slim sidesteps these issues with TeaCrine®.
TeaCrine® is a chemical cousin of caffeine naturally occurring in several plants, including Kucha, that provides smooth, long-lasting energy. It works similar to caffeine (acting on both adenosine and dopamine systems), but absent the jitters, habituation, or crash commonly experienced with caffeine.* [16,17,18]
Additionally, TeaCrine® doesn’t impact the cardiovascular system and should not affect sleep. The same of which cannot be said for caffeine.*
Grains of Paradise Seed Extract
Grains of paradise (Aframomum Melegueta) is a West African spice related to ginger that has a pungent, peppery taste due to the presence of an aromatic ketone known as 6-paradol.
Research notes that grains of paradise extract and 6-paradol can activate brown adipose tissue (BAT) thermogenesis.* 
Brown adipose tissue (BAT), in contrast to white adipose tissue (WAT), can dissipate significant amounts of energy through uncoupled respiration and thermogenesis. BAT thermogenesis is associated with increased calorie burning and lower body fat mass.* 
Traditionally, BAT thermogenesis is activated by cold exposure; however, specific supplements, such as grains of paradise, have been documents to activate it.* 
As a bonus, studies show that subjects do not become desensitized to its effects (i.e., no habituation or tolerance)*.
Resveratrol is a natural phenol found in several foods, including grapes, blueberries, and raspberries, with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-obesity effects.* [21,22]
Animal studies also indicate that resveratrol may increase longevity, improve motor function, and reduce total body fat.*
A 2018 systematic review and meta-analysis concluded that “resveratrol intake significantly reduced weight, BMI (body mass index), WC (waist circumference), and fat mass.” 
Researchers have proposed multiple mechanisms by which resveratrol exerts its anti-obesity effects, including decreased adipogenesis (creation of new fat cells) and reduced viability in maturing preadipocytes. Resveratrol may also down-regulate adipocyte-specific transcription factors and specific genes that modulate mitochondrial function.* 
Ginger Root Extract
Ginger is a staple ingredient of Asian cuisine, commonly used to deliver a pungent, bright “bite” into whatever dish it is added. Beyond its culinary uses, the plant has a long history of use in traditional medicine as a remedy for nausea, sore through, and the common cold.*
The primary bioactive compound of interest pertaining to weight loss is 6-gingerol.*
6-gingerol activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor δ (PPARδ), which has been shown to promote weight loss via increasing energy expenditure and the “browning” of white fat.* [23,24,25]
As a result, glucose, leptin, insulin, and lipid levels decrease as does body weight.*
In more basic terms, ginger root may be beneficial for reducing weight gain, obesity and the host physiological biomarkers associated with the two conditions.*
Dieting is stressful; there are no two ways about it. Being overworked and underfed can lead to periods of low motivation and poor mood — increasing the likelihood that dieters abandon their healthy eating plan and exercise routine.*
To help combat the blues and stress associated with dieting, Steel Slim™ includes affron®.*
affron® is the first saffron extract standardized by HPLC to Lepticrosalides®, bioactive compounds that promote relaxation, mental and physical balance, and support a positive mood.*
Human studies note that daily supplementation with affron® increased mood, reduced anxiety and manage stress without side effects.* 
But that’s not all.
Saffron (and its primary constituent crocin) has been shown to possess anti-diabetic, antihyperlipidemic and hypotensive activities  Some other research also suggests it can enhance satiety, reduce appetite, and promote weight loss, too.* [28,29]
CapsiAtra® is a patented extract of sweet peppers standardized for dihydrocapsiate, a chemical cousin of capsaicin.*
As you’re probably aware, capsaicin is an incredibly common ingredient in fat burners, thermogenics, and appetite suppressants. However, the chemical also frequently leads to an uncomfortable “burning” sensation that can lead to GI distress.*
Dihydrocapsiate is a non-pungent compound that is highly concentrated in a sweet pepper named “CH-19 Sweet”*
Research notes that CapsiAtra may help the body utilize fat for fuel, increase energy expenditure, and promote weight loss. [30,31,32] Best of all, these thermogenic effects come without the unpleasant burn of other pepper extracts!*
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Database. Tyrosine, CID=6057, https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Tyrosine
- Young SN. L-tyrosine to alleviate the effects of stress?. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2007;32(3):224.
- Anand Swarup KR, Sattar MA, Abdullah NA, et al. Effect of dragon fruit extract on oxidative stress and aortic stiffness in streptozotocin-induced diabetes in rats. Pharmacognosy Res. 2010;2(1):31–35. doi:10.4103/0974-8490.60582
- CactOLean™. Product Information © 2017.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Database. Tyramine, CID=5610, https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Tyramine
- Yousefi Ghale-Salimi M, Eidi M, Ghaemi N, Khavari-Nejad RA. Inhibitory effects of taraxasterol and aqueous extract of Taraxacum officinale on calcium oxalate crystallization: in vitro study. Ren Fail. 2018;40(1):298–305. doi:10.1080/0886022X.2018.1455595
- Wirngo FE, Lambert MN, Jeppesen PB. The Physiological Effects of Dandelion (Taraxacum Officinale) in Type 2 Diabetes. Rev Diabet Stud. 2016;13(2-3):113–131. doi:10.1900/RDS.2016.13.113
- Rácz-Kotilla E, Rácz G, Solomon A; The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals . Planta Med. (1974)
- Clare BA, Conroy RS, Spelman K. The Diuretic Effect in Human Subjects of an Extract of Taraxacum officinale Folium over a Single Day. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2009;15(8):929-934. doi:10.1089/acm.2008.0152.
- Boschmann M, Thielecke F. The effects of epigallocatechin-3-gallate on thermogenesis and fat oxidation in obese men: a pilot study. J Am Coll Nutr. 2007;26(4):389S-395S.
- Auvichayapat P, Prapochanung M, Tunkamnerdthai O, et al. Effectiveness of green tea on weight reduction in obese Thais: A randomized, controlled trial. Physiol Behav. 2008;93(3):486-491. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physbeh.2007.10.009.
- Hodgson AB, Randell RK, Jeukendrup AE. The Effect of Green Tea Extract on Fat Oxidation at Rest and during Exercise: Evidence of Efficacy and Proposed Mechanisms. Advances in Nutrition. 2013;4(2):129-140. doi:10.3945/an.112.003269.
- Lochocka K, Bajerska J, Glapa A, et al. Green tea extract decreases starch digestion and absorption from a test meal in humans: a randomized, placebo-controlled crossover study. Scientific Reports. 2015;5:12015. doi:10.1038/srep12015
- Chung HR. Iodine and thyroid function. Ann Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2014;19(1):8–12. doi:10.6065/apem.2014.19.1.8
- Zimmermann, M. B., & Boelaert, K. (2015). Iodine deficiency and thyroid disorders. The Lancet. Diabetes & Endocrinology, 3(4), 286–295. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(14)70225-6
- Kuhman DJ, Joyner KJ, Bloomer RJ. Cognitive Performance and Mood Following Ingestion of a Theacrine-Containing Dietary Supplement, Caffeine, or Placebo by Young Men and Women. Nutrients. 2015;7(11):9618–9632. Published 2015 Nov 19. doi:10.3390/nu7115484
- Taylor L, Mumford P, Roberts M, Hayward S, Mullins J, Urbina S, et al. Safety of TeaCrine®, a non-habituating, naturally-occurring purine alkaloid over eight weeks of continuous use. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016;13(1):2.
- Ziegenfuss TN, Habowski SM, Sandrock JE, Kedia AW, Kerksick CM, Lopez HL. A two-part approach to examine the effects of Theacrine (TeaCrine®) supplementation on oxygen consumption, hemodynamic responses, and subjective measures of cognitive and psychometric parameters. J Diet Suppl. 2016;0211(June):1–15.
- Iwami, M., Mahmoud, F. A., Shiina, T., Hirayama, H., Shima, T., Sugita, J., & Shimizu, Y. (2011). Extract of grains of paradise and its active principle 6-paradol trigger thermogenesis of brown adipose tissue in rats. Autonomic Neuroscience : Basic & Clinical, 161(1–2), 63–67. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autneu.2010.11.012
- Fenzl, A., & Kiefer, F. W. (2014). Brown adipose tissue and thermogenesis. Hormone Molecular Biology and Clinical Investigation, 19(1), 25–37. https://doi.org/10.1515/hmbci-2014-0022
- Reza Tabrizi, Omid Reza Tamtaji, Kamran B. Lankarani, Maryam Akbari, Ehsan Dadgostar, Mohammad Hossein Dabbaghmanesh, Fariba Kolahdooz, Amir Shamshirian, Mansooreh Momen-Heravi & Zatollah Asemi (2018): The effects of resveratrol intake on weight loss: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, DOI: 10.1080/10408398.2018.1529654
- Baile, C. A., Yang, J.-Y., Rayalam, S., Hartzell, D. L., Lai, C.-Y., Andersen, C., & Della-Fera, M. A. (2011). Effect of resveratrol on fat mobilization. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1215, 40–47. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2010.05845.x
- Wang S, Zhang C, Yang G, Yang Y. Biological properties of 6-gingerol: a brief review. Nat Prod Commun. 2014;9(7):1027-1030.
- Misawa K, Hashizume K, Yamamoto M, Minegishi Y, Hase T, Shimotoyodome A. Ginger extract prevents high-fat diet-induced obesity in mice via activation of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta pathway. J Nutr Biochem. 2015;26(10):1058-1067. doi:10.1016/j.jnutbio.2015.04.014
- Saravanan G, Ponmurugan P, Deepa MA, Senthilkumar B. Anti-obesity action of gingerol: effect on lipid profile, insulin, leptin, amylase and lipase in male obese rats induced by a high-fat diet. J Sci Food Agric. 2014;94(14):2972-2977. doi:10.1002/jsfa.664
- Kell, G., Rao, A., Beccaria, G., Clayton, P., Inarejos-Garcia, A. M., & Prodanov, M. (2017). affron((R)) a novel saffron extract (Crocus sativus L.) improves mood in healthy adults over 4 weeks in a double-blind, parallel, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 33, 58–64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctim.2017.06.001
- Abedimanesh N, Bathaie SZ, Abedimanesh S, Motlagh B, Separham A, Ostadrahimi A. Saffron and crocin improved appetite, dietary intakes and body composition in patients with coronary artery disease. J Cardiovasc Thorac Res. 2017;9(4):200–208. doi:10.15171/jcvtr.2017.35
- Mashmoul M, Azlan A, Yusof BNM, Khaza’ai H, Mohtarrudin N, Boroushaki MT. Effects of saffron extract and crocin on anthropometrical, nutritional and lipid profile parameters of rats fed a high fat diet. J Funct Foods. 2014;8:180–7. doi: 10.1016/j.jff.2014.03.017.
- Kianbakht S, Hashem Dabaghian F. Anti-obesity and anorectic effects of saffron and its constituent crocin in obese Wistar rat. J Med Plants. 2015;1(53):25–33.
- Galgani JE, Ravussin E. Effect of dihydrocapsiate on resting metabolic rate in humans. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2010;92(5):1089-1093. doi:10.3945/ajcn.2010.30036.
- Lee TA, Li Z, Zerlin A, Heber D. Effects of dihydrocapsiate on adaptive and diet-induced thermogenesis with a high protein very low calorie diet: a randomized control trial. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010;7(1):78. doi:10.1186/1743-7075-7-78
- Inoue, N., Matsunaga, Y., Satoh, H., & Takahashi, M. (2007). Enhanced energy expenditure and fat oxidation in humans with high BMI scores by the ingestion of novel and non-pungent capsaicin analogues (capsinoids). Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, 71(2), 380–389. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.60341