What It Is
Steel Pump® Peak Performance Pre-Workout allows you to train harder and longer while reducing fatigue and muscle damage.* Steel Pump’s easy-to-mix powder provides delicious flavor in every scoop to help fuel your most intense workout.
What It Does
Steel Pump® contains potent ingredients which are known to boost energy and stamina, deliver powerful pumps, elevate performance, enhance mental clarity and focus, improve nitric oxide production and increase muscular strength and power.*
Proven Active Ingredients
Adenosine 5′-Triphosphate Disodium (PEAK ATP®): A clinically validated and patented form of Adenosine 5’-Triphosphate (ATP) Disodium shown to significantly increase strength and power, aid in recovery, reduce fatigue and improve blood flow.
Ashwagandha Root Standardized Extract (Withania Somnifera) (5% withanolides) (KSM-66®): Ashwagandha, also known as Withania Somnifera or Indian Ginseng, is a powerful adaptogen that promotes balance in the body. KSM-66® Ashwagandha is the highest-quality ashwagandha extract on the world market today and has been clinically proven to reduce stress, improve memory and cognition, improve sexual performance, enhance sports performance and control weight management.
L-Citrulline Malate: A non-essential amino acid, playing a key role in the Urea Cycle, which is the process whereby the body eliminates toxic byproducts of digesting protein and generating cellular energy. L-Citrulline Malate serves as an important component in the tricarboxylic (or TCA) cycle, which is one way your body produces energy. When you increase malate levels, you increase energy production. Therefore, citrulline malate provides the one-two punch of bringing additional blood—and subsequently, oxygen and nutrients—to exercising muscles, as well as providing increased energy to boost performance levels.
Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine): A non-essential amino acid derived from beets that aids in joint and liver repair, joint building, and liver protection. Studies show that it boosts strength and power, increases IGF-1 levels, and even acts like the body’s own production of creatine. Research suggests that it may also support faster recovery from injury and inflammation.
Beta-Alanine: A non-essential amino acid that is produced naturally in the liver. It improves muscle buffering capacity, delaying the onset of fatigue during anaerobic exercise.
Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera) (95% Proanthocyanidins): A potent antioxidant that directly helps the structural integrity of collagen anywhere in your body as well as the structure of your brain networks. It also helps to sustain optimal energy production and calorie burning. Grape Seed Extract improves the metabolism of pyruvate, a sugar-breakdown product, thereby improving carbohydrate metabolism. Pyruvate metabolism becomes very important once muscles no longer maintain optimal aerobic energy production and begin switching to anaerobic energy production.
L-Glutathione: A tri-peptide comprised of one amino acid of glutamic acid, cysteine, and glycine. Glutathione is found and manufactured in every cell in the body but is found in highest concentrations in the heart, muscle tissue, and the liver. Glutathione is essential for immune system function and muscle growth, and any athlete who is glutathione deficient will suffer from decreased performance and a lack of muscle growth.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) Powder (Coconut Oil): A form of saturated fatty acid that has numerous health benefits, ranging from improved cognitive function to better weight management. MCTs are burned by the body for energy, or “fuel,” instead of being stored as fat.
Caffeine Anhydrous: One of the most commonly used stimulants among athletes. It provides stimulation of the central nervous system to support alertness and energy during a workout and can support strength for some during resistance exercise.
L-Theanine: A non-dietary amino acid that has the ability to increase the concentration of glycogen in the liver, which is used as fuel when you work out. It also increases nitric oxide production, which in turn improves blood flow and oxygen delivery to your muscles.
Alpha GPC (L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine): A naturally-occurring compound that contains choline, an essential nutrient with a wide range of roles in human health. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter involved in memory function, neuro-muscular interaction, and other processes. Higher acetylcholine levels allow the brain to function more efficiently which leads to intense focus and concentration, improving mind-muscle connection.
Electrolyte Blend: Electrolytes are minerals present in the body that have an electric charge. They are especially relevant to exercise because they control how much water the body has, blood acidity, and muscle function. Electrolytes are lost in sweat, which explains why intense exercise can lead to problems such as dehydration.
- Magnesium: Prevents muscle cramps.
- Potassium: Provides cardiac muscle support.
- Sodium: Regulates muscle contraction and nerve function.
As a dietary supplement, mix one serving (one level scoop) of Steel Pump® with 6-8 fl. oz. of cold water (adjust for taste preferences). Stir or shake well and consume 15-30 minutes before training. To further enhance your performance while training, it is recommended to drink plenty of water and/or a performance beverage such as Steel Fuel® to stay hydrated. Do not consume Steel Pump® within 4 hours prior to bedtime. Some individuals may experience a harmless tingling sensation, which is attributed to beta-alanine.
Why Steel Pump?
What’s the best pre-workout?
The number of times this question has been asked is simply dizzying. Fitness-oriented individuals are constantly searching for the “best” pre-workout available, and who can blame them?
99% of the so-called “pre-workout” supplements on the market are nothing more than glorified stimulant cocktails that skyrocket your heart rate but do next to nothing for actually improving your performance during training, which is the whole purpose of pre-workouts.
Fed up with the current state of the pre-workout market, SteelFit sought to make a real pre-workout, a pre-workout that actually improved your ability to perform and attain new feats of strength and power.
The culmination of countless hours of research, development, and testing led to the creation of Steel Pump.
What is Steel Pump?
Steel Pump is the complete pre-workout supplement, delivering on every aspect of what pre-workouts should — energy, focus, performance, and pumps. Using a synergistic blend of energy boosters, focus aids, and performance enhancers, Steel Pump helps push your training capacity to the next level, helping you to continually break PRs and make gains.
Why is Steel Pump Better?
Unlike other pre-workouts which used under dosed proprietary blends or provide only a cocktail of potentially dangerous stimulants, Steel Pump utilizes an open-label, so you know exactly what you’re putting into your body each and every time.
Steel Pump delivers clean, long-lasting energy that hypes you up for workouts, but never leaves you feeling jittery, overstimulated or on edge. But, Steel Pump isn’t just about energy and focus, it also provides a full spectrum of performance enhancing compounds that support strength, power, endurance, and pumps, delivering EVERYTHING a true pre-workout should.
After you’ve tried Steel Pump, you realize what a true pre-workout is, and never waste money again on a bargain bin, “concentrated”, micro-dosed pre-workout ever again!
What’s in Steel Pump?
L-Citrulline Malate (3g)
A staple of pre-workouts, citrulline malate is a premium nitric oxide boosting supplement. Composed of the amino acid L-Citrulline and malic acid (malate), citrulline malate promotes vasodilation and greater blood flow, which improves training capacity, but also delivers massive muscle pumps. [1,2] L-Citrulline also plays a key role in the Krebs (TCA) Cycle, which supports energy production, allowing you to “go the distance” in your training sessions.
Betaine Anhydrous (2g)
Originally isolated from beets, betaine is an amino acid that’s become another “proven commodity” of pre-workouts in recent years due to its wide range of benefits. First, betaine promotes cellular hydration (which increases stamina) due to its role as an osmolyte.  Additionally, betaine also has been shown numerous times to enhance power, strength, and body composition and supports endogenous creatine production in the body.  Some other research suggests that it may also support faster recovery too!
Beta Alanine (1.6g)
At the outset of a workout, performance, stamina, and strength are at their highest, but the deeper you get into a workout, stress and fatigue accumulate, zapping your endurance and power.
That’s where beta-alanine comes into play.
Beta-alanine is a naturally occurring nonessential amino acid improves muscle buffering capacity by increasing levels of carnosine, a powerful intracellular buffer. [5,6,7] These buffering actions delay the onset of fatigue during training enabling you to stay stronger for longer during your workouts.
Peak ATP® (450mg)
Peak ATP is clinically validated, patented form of Adenosine 5’-Triphosphate (ATP) Disodium proven to significantly increase strength and power as well as improve body composition.  On top of that, Peak ATP also enhances blood flow, accelerates recovery, and reduces fatigue, all of which help you train longer to get bigger and stronger. [9,10]
KSM-66® Ashwagandha (300mg)
The premier form of ashwagandha extract on the market, KSM-66 is a powerful adaptogen that improves the body’s ability to handle the stress of all forms — physical, emotional, and psychological. KSM-66 has been studied numerous times and shown to not only reduce stress but also to improve memory and cognition as well as athletic performance and sexual performance! [11,12,13]
Grape Seed Extract (200mg)
Grape seeds are chock full of potent polyphenols and antioxidants that combat oxidative stress induced by intense physical activity. Moreover, the compounds naturally present in grape seeds also improves the metabolism of pyruvate  which enhances carbohydrate metabolism and subsequently anaerobic energy production. But that’s not all, the proanthocyanidins in grape seed extract also encourage vasodilation and vasorelaxation, supporting better blood flow, oxygen delivery, performance, and pumps! [15,16]
Found in every cell in the body, glutathione is an incredibly powerful antioxidant that supports liver health and immune system function.  Deficiencies in this essential nutrient reduce performance, muscle growth, and recovery.
MCT Oil (1g)
Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) are a type of saturated fatty acid that the body readily “burns for energy” similar to carbohydrate. MCTs provide a quick form of energy to power your mind and muscles leading to greater performance and focus during exercise. 
Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg)
To give you the energy, motivation, and focus you need for intense training sessions, Steel Pump includes 300mg of pure caffeine anhydrous. This surge in raw energy fortifies your mind and muscles for the daunting workout ahead and helps you stay strong all workout long.
Naturally occurring in green tea, L-Theanine is an amino acid that promotes a sense of calm, relaxed focused, without inducing sedation.  When combined with caffeine, the two promote clean, long-lasting focus absent the jitters, anxiety, or overstimulation that can occur when taking too much caffeine by itself. 
Alpha GPC (150mg)
Choline supplements are a staple of pre-workout formulas due to their ability to enhance focus via increasing acetylcholine levels. Acetylcholine is often called “the learning neurotransmitter” for its vital role in learning, memory, and cognition. With greater levels of acetylcholine, you’ll experience true tunnel vision focus as well as a considerable stronger mind-muscle connection — one of the most important facets of exercise. Steel Pump includes 150mg of Alpha GPC, an incredibly bioavailable form of choline that has been well-documented to improve memory, focus, and even strength. [21,22]
- Glenn JM, Gray M, Wethington LN, Stone MS, Stewart RWJ, Moyen NE. Acute citrulline malate supplementation improves upper- and lower-body submaximal weightlifting exercise performance in resistance-trained females. Eur J Nutr. 2017;56(2):775-784. doi:10.1007/s00394-015-1124-6
- Perez-Guisado J, Jakeman PM. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. J strength Cond Res. 2010;24(5):1215-1222. doi:10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181cb28e0
- Lee EC, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ, et al. Ergogenic effects of betaine supplementation on strength and power performance. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2010;7:27. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-7-27.
- Trepanowski JF, Farney TM, McCarthy CG, Schilling BK, Craig SA, Bloomer RJ. The effects of chronic betaine supplementation on exercise performance, skeletal muscle oxygen saturation and associated biochemical parameters in resistance trained men. J Strength Cond Res. 2011;25. doi:10.1519/JSC.0b013e318217d48d.
- Roger C. Harris; et al.; “The effect of a supplement containing β-alanine on muscle carnosine synthesis, ventilatory threshold and exercise capacity in Korean cyclists, during 12 weeks combined endurance and weight training“
- Hill, CA et al.; Amino Acids; “Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity ;” February 2007
- Kendrick IP, et al. The effects of 10 weeks of resistance training combined with beta-alanine supplementation on whole body strength, force production, muscular endurance and body composition. Amino Acids. (2008)
- Rathmacher JA, et al. Adenosine-5’-triphosphate (ATP) supplementation improves low peak muscle torque and torque fatigue during repeated high intensity exercise sets. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2012, 9:48.
- Wilson JM, et al. Effects of oral adenosine-5’-triphosphate supplementation on athletic performance, skeletal muscle hypertrophy and recovery in resistance-trained men. Nutrition and Metabolism. 2013, 10:57.
- Lowery RP, et al. Oral ATP administration improves blood flow responses to exercise in both animal and human training models. Presented at 10th Annual ISSN Conference. Colorado Springs, CO. June 2013.
- Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. 2012;34(3):255-262. doi:10.4103/0253-7176.106022.
- Choudhary D, Bhattacharyya S, Bose S. Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions. J Diet Suppl. 2017;14(6):599-612. doi:10.1080/19390211.2017.1284970
- Wankhede S, Langade D, Joshi K, Sinha SR, Bhattacharyya S. Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2015;12:43. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0104-9.
- Pajuelo D, Quesada H, Diaz S, et al. Chronic dietary supplementation of proanthocyanidins corrects the mitochondrial dysfunction of brown adipose tissue caused by diet-induced obesity in Wistar rats. Br J Nutr. 2012;107(2):170-178. doi:10.1017/S0007114511002728
- Park E, Edirisinghe I, Choy YY, Waterhouse A, Burton-Freeman B. Effects of grape seed extract beverage on blood pressure and metabolic indices in individuals with pre-hypertension: a randomised, double-blinded, two-arm, parallel, placebo-controlled trial. Br J Nutr. 2016;115(2):226-238. doi:10.1017/S0007114515004328
- Clifton PM. Effect of Grape Seed Extract and Quercetin on Cardiovascular and Endothelial Parameters in High-Risk Subjects. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology. 2004;2004(5):272-278. doi:10.1155/S1110724304403088.
- Allen J, Bradley RD. Effects of Oral Glutathione Supplementation on Systemic Oxidative Stress Biomarkers in Human Volunteers. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2011;17(9):827-833. doi:10.1089/acm.2010.0716.
- Wang Y, Liu Z, Han Y, Xu J, Huang W, Li Z. Medium Chain Triglycerides enhances exercise endurance through the increased mitochondrial biogenesis and metabolism. Lu T, ed. PLoS ONE. 2018;13(2):e0191182. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0191182.
- Haskell CF, Kennedy DO, Milne AL, Wesnes KA, Scholey AB. The effects of L-theanine, caffeine and their combination on cognition and mood. Biol Psychol. 2008;77(2):113-122. doi:10.1016/j.biopsycho.2007.09.008
- Owen GN, Parnell H, De Bruin EA, Rycroft JA. The combined effects of L-theanine and caffeine on cognitive performance and mood. Nutr Neurosci. 2008;11(4):193-198. doi:10.1179/147683008X301513
- Canal N, Franceschi M, Alberoni M, Castiglioni C, De Moliner P, Longoni A. Effect of L-alpha-glyceryl-phosphorylcholine on amnesia caused by scopolamine. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol. 1991;29(3):103-107.
- Ziegenfuss T, Landis J, Hofheins J. Acute supplementation with alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine augments GH response to, and peak force production during, resistance exercise. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2008;5(1):P15. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-5-S1-P15